Sunday 28 August 2011

Mission XL


Hello everybody!


Last weekend we had the biggest event of the year going on here in the Netherlands as this year the mission came bigger than before, with more brands involved than the years before promising to get a weekend full of races.


Looking to the forecast you could see the chance on wind would be really small but wasn’t impossible. After a day of nice weather and a lot of sun but no wind on Saturday the wind came up for about 1,5 hour during the battle of the Giants showing all the people on the beach our tricks and moves just few meters away from them. Afterwards we did a signing session with all the riders together, to end of the weekend with a nice price giving.


The weekend was great with a lot of fun and unexpected wind on Sunday which made the whole weekend complete.  We even made it to the local news for a few seconds : movie zeeland tv


Afterwards there were no windy days anymore, which was perfect as I had to study the whole week for my exam on Thursday as with all the competitions in June I missed 2 exams which I have to do now, next Thursday my second one and then afterwards I will hopefully fly of the Dahab again for training to prepare for Sylt! 


Last Friday I was a special guest at the European windsurf week for blind & disabled people.  Very interesting and an eye opener for me – but more about this in my next blog when I have some pictures.


Cheers Dieter

No comments:

Post a Comment