Monday 27 June 2011

PWA Aruba

Hello everybody

It’s been a very long time since I wrote on my blog although I already had 2 events since my last update which both went very well. In my last update you could read my reports from on continentseven where I was reporting for them out of Bonaire where I finished in a six place which is my second best result from this year after my 5th place in Vietnam at the beginning of this year.

Afterwards we had a 2 day break before our or next competition here in Aruba would get started for another flat water spot on the tour before we will go to the Canaries again next week. On the first 2 days of the event the wind was playing a bit with the wind direction making it impossible to start the competition although in the gust there was enough to do all the planning and power moves but if you would get 2 bad gusts which both had another direction you would end up already out of the competition area making it impossible to start.

JC/PWA
The forecast for the last 2 days looked really good but in the end the wind didn’t become as strong as they said but at least the wind wasn’t shifting anymore the whole time but was still very gusty making it long heats from 9 min to give everybody the chance to get enough gust to get there 3 out of 6 moves on each tack to get the competition started! In my first heat against Chico I had a pretty good heat taking my time to find the right gust and get my moves done putting me in the next round. Against Nicolas I didn’t have my best heat as I was waiting a bit too long for the gust and didn’t really get my moves that good as the heat before but a big burner on the way in saved me putting me into the next heat and already in the top 8 in the first single. In the next heat I was up against Golitto determined to put a much better heat together than before I was fully focused to give my best shot. I putted my best heat of the event together landing a sick airfunnel 900, a pretty good kabikuchi and burners on both sides seeing Golitto not sailing at his best I knew it would be a close call. In the end I lost with a 2-1 decision losing by half a point putting the first single elimination to an end.
JC/PWA
In the double the wind was a bit stronger the next day making me wait for my opponent who still had to work himself up in the double thinking to meet Davy in my heat Flo gave the surprise of the day sailing home Davy Scheffers with the heat of his life putting himself into a well deserved top 16 place. In the end I met Tilo Eber who worked himself up again in the double to a top 10 place in this double to battle it out against me. I knew I couldn’t make another weak heat in the double sailing very focused made me advance against Taty Frans who lost in the single against his older brother Tonky. I had a good heat but it wasn’t enough to win against Taty as I was too fast over my 6 moves on each tack making my shaka on the way in not count and in the end would have made a difference whether I landed my last Kabikuchi attempt making Taty win and leaving me in a 7th place for the event which is another top 8 place making my goals for this 2 events more than true!

JC/PWA
Now I’m packing for Lanzarote for the next event of the PWA, hope the internet is doing it better there than it did in Aruba so I can make faster more updates!

Cheers Dieter

No comments:

Post a Comment